Module 1 – Lesson 2
What is Spiritual Awakening
Spiritual awakening is an experience of revelation. It is BEING IN THE EXPERIENCE that teaches you what it is. It is not something achieved. It is not something you get. It is who you are.
Different wisdom teachers have used various poetic metaphors to describe this experience of spiritual awakening. Recognize, however, that words cannot adequately describe the wonder of such revelation.
The mystical poet Rumi says it this way.
You are not a drop in the ocean; you are the entire ocean in a drop—Rumi.
The Master Jesus said it this way.
Believe me, that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: – John 14:11
What each of these statements is pointing toward is that what appears to be two is in fact a paradox. This is that the two are one, and the One is two.
This can only be known by BEING this paradoxical experience. Being this experience is a glimpse of the state of enlightenment. For most people, it does not last. The spiritual journey is the journey of integrating what we have been graced.
The spiritual journey is learning the process of inviting this revelation to be your experience. This is not something you add t yourself.
It is not personal development. It is learning to trust and be available to Source energy so it can express through you as it created you for its own glory and blessing.
It is only in learning such allowing that you will align with ways to find happiness, true peace of mind, and find purpose and meaning in your life.
In this way, you fulfill your destiny rather than succumb to your fate and travel a darker road into a deeper sense of personal separation from Source.
This awakening journey into the heart and soul is your greatest blessing. You will, in the words of the Irish poet W. B. Yeats, come to a placeless place of INNER KNOWING whereby you can declare, “I am blessed and can bless.”
Other indicators of spiritual awakening include the unification of
- Time with Eternity.
- Finite with the Infinite.
- Personal with the Transpersonal
- I am with I AM.
For other reflections on the experience of spiritual awakening, I recommend the following reading at this website.
- Life after Spiritual Awakening is Integration with Love
- Inner Knowing is the No 1 Powerful Way to Find Meaning
- After Spiritual Awakening 5 Essential Things to Do
What is Spiritual Awakening – KEY Points
What it is.
- Spiritual Awakening is experiential.
- It is Paradoxical – both personal and Transpersonal.
- We cannot earn it. It is always a grace experience.
- Takes you out of time into Eternity.
What it is Not
- A weekend high at some retreat or mission.
- An experience that allows you to view the world in the same way.
- Something you previously knew.
- Vascillation IV – W. B. Yeats – From The Yeats Experience – Listening from the Deep Heart’s Core – Tony Cuckson.