Throughout my life, I have invested a lot of energy, study and experimentation on exploring various mental and spiritual states—and overcoming limitations, especially those imposed by fear, anxiety, and self-doubt. Anxiety is something I still experience but is no longer holds me back from doing what I love as it did for all too many years.
All this learning, training and practice, but more especially, that revelatory moment of Grace radically transformed my heart mind and body. It changed my view of the world. As a result, I now live a radically creative, highly energized, purpose filled and prosperous wild and precious life.
And so can you.
That is how blessed I feel. The bonus is that, in the words of W. B. Yeats, I also feel that I can bless. It is my hope that I can invite you to recognize the magnificence of the light of your own being. In doing so you can then Companion the Greatness seeded within you from beyond time.
My personal training in what I refer to as Companioning Greatness comprises in part:-:
- Practicing yoga daily for the past 10 years
- Studied 200+ books on the topic of spirituality and yoga.
- Travelled overland from England to spend 1 year in India at various Ashrams – chasing a different hinderance.
- Learned to play the sitar – badly – but loved it anyway.
- Nearly became a Buddhist monk. (caught by a hinderance who I later married).
- Trained in Counselling
- Experience leading workshops, and group classes.
- Have taught meditation to inmates at the local prison.
- Appeared in several radio programs and festivals.
- Featured storyteller at various festivals in Ireland.
My 1st Half of Life experience was as a self-employed accountant, teacher at University and computer consultant in CMS. As an accountant I worked mostly for organizations that had connections to spirituality including workers co-operatives.
Then, some fun facts about me:
- Am known as one of the miracle twins of Milford – born 3 months premature in 1950 weighing the weight of a bag of sugar.
- Apart from writing for a minimum of two hours each day, I’ve had a series of obsessions in my life: (apart from drinking) These are Organic gardening, cats and dogs and playing acoustic guitar and singing.
- Love the poetry of William Butler Yeats (presently writing A Journey with Mr Yeats – 10 Poems to Companion Your Greatness)
- Every day my life starts mostly the same: waking up early around 6.00am, (except in winter) one yoga nidra, feeding the animals, walking the dog/s and two hours of writing for the website of latest book. Then into the garden (not in the winter) to create a Garden of Grace.
Finally some personal facts
- Born in Northern Ireland – 1950
- Married to Barbara Mary Smith (affectionately known as “The hinderance} for nearly 40 years.
- Lives in the Republic of Ireland.
- Is graced to have the companionship of many friends including up to six assorted cats and dogs at any given time.
- Presently creating a Garden of Grace on their acre of land.
Teach Na Comh Aislinge
Via Carrick on Shannon,
Republic of Ireland
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/tony.cuckson
Twitter – https://twitter.com/Yogajourneyfor1
Share the Care
[bctt tweet=”I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. – Hafiz of Shiraz #yogajourney #yogainspiration #yoga” username=”@YogaJourneyfor1″]